101 things to do on norfolk island
1. Discover the Island Markets (Sunday 8.30am)
2. Visit the Farmers Produce Market (Saturday 8.30am)
3. Take a look at the Twilight Markets (Wednesday 4.30pm warmer
4. Explore the Convict Ruins at Historic Kingston (World Heritage Listed)
5. Explore the N.I Museums
6. Visit the Bounty Folk Museum
7. Drive to the top of Mount Pitt for a 360 degree lookout.
8. Walk to the Highest Point of the Island (Mt Bates)
9. Discover Cockpit waterfall
10. Take a look through Government House (limited to one Wed. per month)
11. Watch the cargo boat unload (limited visits throughout the year)
12. Explore the National Parks & enjoy the walking trails & bird life
13. Wonder through the Botanic Gardens
14. Attend a N.I church service & experience the renowned “singalong” to traditional Island hymns
15. Visit the Cyclorama a 360 degree panoramic painting of the N.I history
16. Visit Sweeties the Chocolate factory.
17. Visit the liqueur factory for “FREE” liqueur tasting
18. Visit the Brewery for a tour & taste the local brews
19. Swim at Emily Bay
20. Swim & snorkel at Slaughter Bay
21. Play Norfolk’s 9 hole golf course – With the worlds largest water obstacle (the ocean)
22. Visit Captain Cook lookout & monument
23. Book a tour on the Glass Bottom Boat – Christians Glass Bottom Boat
24. Kayak around Norfolk’s majestic coastline – Tropical sea Adventures
25. Take a tour to one of the Islands local coffee Plantations – N.I Coffee Tour
26. Experience traditional Island weaving & Hat making – Wednesdays at the Golden Orb Book shop & café
27. Hire a fishing rod & go fishing off the jetties.
28. Book an Island cliff top fish fry, enjoy the traditional island food & entertainment
29. Book a progressive dinner where you will enjoy a 4 course meal with 4 island families in their homes
30. Book a horse & carriage ride on the beautiful Clydesdales – Culla & Co
31. Go horse riding – Silky Oaks Stables
32. Experience the Bounty Day Celebrations – (yearly, 8 th June,)
33. Take a day trip to Phillip Island, one of Norfolk’s outer Islands.
34. Book a coastal scenic boat ride
35. Walk the boardwalk to Bumboras reserve and rock pool beach.
36. Mix & mingle at a local bar
37. Visit the Liquor bond to purchase liquor at dutyfree prices (Can be consumed on the Island) – Remember to show your airline ticket to receive a 30% discount
38. Hire a bike & cycle around Norfolk
39. Enjoy a fun night out at “Housie/Bingo”
40. Rejuvenate with a massage or beauty treatment
41. Participate in a local yoga class
42. Visit the amazing Strawberry fields Maze & Garden
43. Experience a stunning Sunrise & Sunset
44. Take a stroll to the top of flagstaff hill centenary walkway
45. Have a game or 2 of “FREE” Mini Golf
46. Explore the Toy Shop & purchase the worlds cheapest Lego
47. Walk through 100 Acres reserve & see the magnificent Morton Bay Fig Trees
48. Join in one of the local sports! Touch football, Tennis, Squash , Bowls, Archery
49. Book a fishing trip
50. Eat out at one of the many restaurants & cafes, enjoy local beef, fish and produce.
51. Visit the cottage pottery
52. Book a History Tour to learn about Norfolk Islands fascinating background
53. Stroll through the Islands cemetery – The most Unique historical cemetery in
54. Take a look at Norfolk’s Old whaling station site at Cascade Bay
55. Visit “Wildwood” for local wood turning demonstrations & local Crafts – (Wed Sat: 14pm)
56. Discover St Barnabas Chapel & the Melanesian Mission memorial cemetery
57. Stop for wine tasting at Two Chimney’s Winery
58. Feed the ducks and geese at watermill dam
59. Grab a picnic basket from the REO café and dine under the stately pines.
60. Join the Natural History and Bird Watching tour
61. When the fishing boats have been out head to the pier at dusk to watch the sharks feeding
62. Visit the local saw mill on mill road
63. Take a night walk and star gaze at the amazing sky line, the stars feel so close.
64. Mid night walk through the cemetery
65. Explore the local bottle house – yes you guessed it a house made entirely of bottles
66. Catch a movie at the “Ferny Lane” Theatre
67. Learn to Bowl, book a beginners bowling class
68. Wonder through Camelot Gardens
66. Stroll through “A Walk in the Wild”
69. Collect Hihi’s (periwinkles) from the rocks and try this local delicacy
70. Take a stroll down the winding track to the bottom of Anson Bay
71. Relax your mind and body and experience.
72. Book a 4WD tour and get off the beaten track
73. Listen to the local language with Archie at the magnificent Wonderland by Night
74. Don’t forget the Norfolk wave as you past drivers.
75. Swim in the rain.
76. Research your convict history at the new research centre
77. For the music buffs Norfolk offers Jazz Events, Opera, Country Music festival & Rock and roll
78. Take a peddle cycle tour on “Boo’s” electric bicycles
79. Plant a tree with the local land care group
80. Visit the old “Homestead Restaurant” which is now the “Norfolk Blue” Restaurant and Grill which utilises top quality beef bred at 100 Acre Farm.
81. Visit Simon’s Water private property open to the public – stroll to the clifftop overlooking Cascade – Just remember to shut the gate.
82. Shop, Shop & Shop! We have an Italian Shop, a Swiss House & the Scottish shop as well as many others whose goods are sourced from around the world
83. Stop at the local road side stalls for in season fruit and vegetables
84. Visit National Parks Interpretation Centre
85. See a demonstration of local bone carving on the art trail
86. Take a photo of yourself in the convict stocks outside Barney Duffy’s
87. Taste locally cooked goodies! Such as coconut bread and guava jelly on scones YUM
88. Dive at some of the ‘30’ dive sites around Norfolk Islands waters, if not a qualified diver learn in the lagoon with a PADI instructor
89. Want to do your own car rally around the Island? Call into the V.I.C for your free instructions
90. Radio Norfolk plays listener’s requests every Thursday so if you have a favourite song you want to hear ring the station on 22137
91. Watch the aircrafts land and take off along the fence line of the airstrip on New Farm Road
92. Enjoy a soft serve ice cream while you play life sized chess at the mini golf shop
93. Get an Island designed tattoo, there are 2 experienced tattooists on the Island.
94. Visit the many art galleries show casing handmade materials, jewelry, artwork and photography
95. Observe the meetings of Parliament from the public gallery
96. Buy a N.I music CD
97. Visit the Queen Victoria Memorial Garden
98. Experience Bounty Lodge Restaurants “Culinary Journey” an island feast with food prepared in a traditional under ground oven. You will learn the history and culture of Pitcairn, Tahiti & Norfolk Island, while you are entertained.
99. Bring your board or hire one here and catch a wave before the reef.
100. Check out the local phone book, probably the only one in the World to include nicknames!
101. Stop and say hello to the friendly staff at the L.J Quintal Real estate and subscribe to Norfolk Online News